Mental health and physical health are inextricably linked. You can be 60 years old and still feel like a teenager. It is also possible to barely pass “thirty” and wake up every day with back pain and a complete lack of energy. It all depends on what kind of lifestyle we lead.
With regular physical activity, a well-balanced diet and a good division of the time we allocate to work and rest, we can enjoy unflagging vigor for many years. This is because it is important to remember that the condition of our psyche is as important as our physical condition. What can you do to wake up every day with a desire to live and grow? We suggest what to pay attention to.
Healthy selfishness – what is it?
The word “selfishness” does not connote well. An egoist is called a person who is self-obsessed, driven by what will be good for him or her, without considering how it affects other people.
However, focusing on one’s self doesn’t have to be toxic at all.
Healthy selfishness is a few principles that suggest how to take good care of yourself. This is compared to taking care of one’s body the way one takes care of a loved one.
- First of all, it’s a good idea to find our “own corner”, which we can develop as it suits us. This will be our refuge, a private place to be alone with ourselves.
- Second – fulfill your desires. It is not worth worrying about what is “not appropriate” and sticking to established conventions. We have the right to do whatever we feel like doing, as long as our actions don’t hurt anyone else.
- It is equally important to be assertive. It’s important to know when to stand your ground or refuse to do something that goes against our beliefs, even if communicating that refusal will be difficult.
- Fourth: remember to rest! You should manage your time well so that you can find it for both work and relaxation. A moment of blissful “doing nothing” without reproach or guilt will keep your psyche healthy.
It’s time for a workout!
Physical activity is extremely important if you want to keep your body in good shape. We don’t have to immediately become bodybuilding fans and strive for the perfect figure. A bike ride, jogging or a simple walk is enough. The body will thank us, and at the same time it’s a great idea to spend time with family and friends! Regular sports activities have an excellent effect on the entire body.
The most common cause of any back or leg muscle pain is office work. If you work sitting down for eight hours every day, you should remember to take frequent breaks for short gymnastics. Walking or biking to work will also be a good way.
We can attach some clever gadgets to physical exercise.
- For back pain, a special belt designed to maintain the proper position of the spine will help.
- On the other hand, a good solution for vision problems is Ayurvedic glasses. These are special glasses for exercising the eye muscles. They do not have corrective lenses, instead they are equipped with a black aperture with many small holes.
- Magnetic bracelets and shoe insoles are also becoming increasingly popular, and they affect internal organs through the use of magnetic fields.
No more fast food!
Ensuring a healthy, balanced diet will also make a huge difference.
Prepared meals, fast food and sweets may taste good to us, but they will make us feel sluggish and sleepy. In addition, they do not have many valuable ingredients. Unhealthy snacks should be replaced with fruits and vegetables. Should the much-loved chocolate and juicy burgers native to America be completely abandoned? From there! A healthy diet does not involve radically giving up all pleasures, but the body will certainly thank us for limiting the consumption of coffee, sodas, alcohol and sweets.
To maintain health, it is also worth remembering to cleanse the body.
Toxins make us feel constantly tired. We can detoxify the body with the right diet – they work perfectly, among other things. Plain water, lemon, green tea, cranberries or beets. In addition, you can support yourself with appropriate supplements.
As you can see, there are many simple steps to improve your well-being. You don’t have to enter everything at once. Make small changes slowly, fit them into your lifestyle. Even small changes in behavior will make a difference.
However, remember that science creates many methods with which you can help yourself. We describe all sorts of products that will improve how we function.
Check out the ones that might be useful to you! Enjoy the table of contents of our reviews!